Poached Calamari Rings chilled and tossed with a ponzu dressing, sliced red bell pepper, shredded carrots and minced jalapeño pepper, served over mixed greens.
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Calamari Rings, Poached & Chilled
- 2 Cups Mixed Greens
- ½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- ½ Cup Carrots, Shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeño Pepper, Minced
- ¼ Cup Ponzu Sauce
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Ginger, Minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Minced
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- In a blender, combine the ponzu sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt and black pepper and blend.
- Slowly add in the vegetable oil to the blender so that it emulsifies properly.
- Divide the mixed greens onto two plates and drizzle with ponzu dressing.
- Top each with half of the Calamari Rings, red bell peppers, carrots and jalapeño pepper.