Tender saffron rice with Calamari Rings, sautéed shrimp, red bell pepper, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic and green peas.
Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ lb. Calamari Rings
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup White Onion, Diced
- ½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup White Rice
- ¼ tsp. Saffron
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ lb. Shrimp
- ¼ Cup Green Peas
- In a medium saucepot, heat up the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onions, red bell pepper, salt and black pepper, then sweat the vegetables for 1-2 minutes, or until they are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add in the white rice and saffron, then cook for 1-2 more minutes to toast the rice.
- Deglaze the pot with chicken stock and bring to a simmer, then add in the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Fold in the Calamari Rings and shrimp, then cook for another 5 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked.
- Fold in the green peas and serve while warm.