A classic cioppino made with tender Calamari Rings and Tentacles, mussels, diced tomatoes, white wine, garlic and herbs, served with grilled toast points.
Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ lb. Calamari Rings and Tentacles
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Allspice
- 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Quart Tomatoes, Diced
- 3 Cups Fish Stock
- 2 Each Bay Leaf
- ½ lb. Mussels
- As Needed Toast Points, Grilled
- In large saucepot add the olive oil and sauté the white onion on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the garlic, salt, black pepper, allspice and red pepper flakes and sauté for another minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add in the tomatoes, fish stock and bay leaves, then bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Add in the Calamari Rings and Tentacles and mussels, then cook for another 5 minutes, or until the mussels have opened.
- Serve with toast points.