Monk Fish Fillets, 2lb. Bag
Commonly referred to as poor man’s lobster. Monkfish has a firm texture that can be baked, grilled or sautéed as a center of the plate entrée. This delicious fish will transport you to sunset dinners on the dock in a seaside town.
2 lb. Bag
|Country of Origin||
|Shelf Life from Prod||
|Consumer Storage Instructions||
Keep Frozen at 0°F or below
|Servings Per Package||
See Nutrition Information
To Prepare and Cook Monkfish
- Place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add enough olive oil to coat the base of the pan
- Add a knob of butter
- As soon as the butter begins to sizzle, add the monkfish fillets to the pan, season and then cook until golden on one side
- 2 monkfish fillets, olive oil, 1 knob of butter
- Flip the monkfish over and turn the heat right down
- Cook for a further 2 minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and season the fish with the salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
- Salt, black pepper, 1 dash of lemon juice
This item will arrive within 2 days of shipping. Each package is shipped in Dry Ice, ensuring the contents will arrive cold and ready for storage in your freezer.
What is Dry Ice?
Dry Ice is another term for solid carbon dioxide. You know that carbon dioxide (“CO2”) is the gas we exhale every time we breathe. When CO2 gas is compressed, it changes to CO2 solid.
Why do we use Dry Ice?
Dry Ice is very cold. In fact, its surface temperature is approximately -110°F, much colder than regular ice, which has a surface temperature of 32°F. Because Dry Ice is so cold, it is an excellent refrigerant to keep perishable food products cool until they arrive to you, the customer.
Why wasn’t any Dry Ice remaining when my package arrived?
Dry Ice has special properties that are much different than regular ice. This is due to the chemical differences between water and CO2. Ice will melt to liquid and then evaporate as a gas. Dry Ice skips the liquid phase and changes from a solid directly to a gas. This change is called “sublimation.” The dry ice used in the food products we offer usually lasts between 24 to 36 hours. Since we ship our products in 2 days, it is common for little or no dry ice to remain by the time you receive your package. However, your food will still be cold – ready to be put right in your freezer!
2 LB Bag