Poached Calamari Rings chilled and tossed with a red wine vinaigrette, feta cheese crumbles, red onion, cherry tomatoes and celery, garnished with fresh parsley and basil.
Yield: 2 Servings
- 3 Cups Calamari Rings, Poached & Chilled
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- ½ Cup Red Onion, Julienned
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- ½ Cup Celery, Julienned
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Basil, Chiffonade
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar, Granulated
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Minced
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and black pepper and blend.
- Slowly incorporate the vegetable oil into the blender until thoroughly emulsified.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss together the Calamari Rings, feta cheese crumbles, red onion, cherry tomatoes, celery and red wine vinaigrette.
- Garnish with parsley and basil.